1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1 t. lemon extract
1 t. vanilla extract (you can also substitute this for almond extract- both are delicious!)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
1. Cream butter and gradually add sugar, beating at a medium speed until well blended.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternatively to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in extracts.
4. Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake for one hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
5. Invert pan and remove cake. Cool completely.
Want to add a little homemade whipped cream? Simply buy a pint of heavy whipping cream and drag out the sugar. Beat the whipping cream on high and add in 1 cup of sugar. Continue beating, tasting a little every 30 seconds or so to see if you need more sugar. Add sugar a tablespoon at a time until whipped cream is sweet enough. Beat until you have reached the desired consistency (until it doesn't run off of a spoon). If you want to frost your cake, wait until it is completely cool!